Vacancy – Project Structural Engineer
To support our ongoing expansion, and increased workload, we require a dynamic individual with excellent technical acumen and an appropriate depth of experience in building structures. Our portfolio includes a substantial portion of design-and-build projects involving the design of all the super-structure steelwork, and more traditional steelworker projects involving the design of connections and façade packages. The successful candidate shall form part of a tightly knit team who have many years’ experience and who shall support any transition the candidate may need to make.
Main duties and responsibilities:
- Be a key member of the Design Department responsible for your own design deliverables.
- Liaising closely with the drawing office, manufacturing and construction.
- Prepare competent commercially engineered designs, suitably documented for third-party review.
- Help plan and co-ordinate our design and to drive the design development for our deliverables.
- Coordinate and resolve design issues in conjunction with the Client team.
- Provide technical input and recommendations in support of information needs & requests, manage design change control and assist the commercial department on cost recovery.
- Strong interpersonal skills and an effective communicator with excellent knowledge of practical construction methodology.
- 5+ years experience and a good understanding of Traditional and Design-Build contracting.
- Experience of steelwork building structures on which to reflect.
- Ability to perform with attention to detail, to effectively prioritise and execute tasks in a high-pressure environment.
- CEng MIStructE or MICE is desirable but not essential. Chartership is encouraged and shall be supported by the business where required.
- Skilled in the application of structural design programs and the preparation of manual calculations to Eurocode Standards.
- Previous connection design experience is preferred but not essential.
- Working knowledge of Tekla Structural Designer, and experience with Revit and AutoCAD would be an advantage.
- Likely to be working at an Intermediate or Senior Structural Engineer level and looking for a fresh challenge.
Salary and benefits shall be commensurate with the position.
In the first instance, please submit a detailed CV for the attention of Gavin Jack (email@example.com)
Initial contact can also be established by calling 01505 683724 for more information.