Vacancy – Apprentice Fabricator
Structural Steel Fabrication Apprenticeship
J&D Pierce is the country’s foremost structural steelwork contractor. We specialise in the design, fabrication, painting and site erection of structural steelwork, working with some of the largest construction projects in the UK for over 40 years. We are actively seeking Structural Steel Fabrication Apprentices to join our fabrication team at our facility in East Kilbride.
Duties will include:
- Follow Health and Safety Policies and procedures
- Using communication within Engineering
- Understanding drawings
- learning and understanding structural steel fabrication
Qualities and Skills Required
- Good numeracy skills
- Problem-solving skills
- Good timekeeping skills
- Attention to detail
- Ability to listen and follow instructions
- Clean / smart / presentable
- Willing to learn
Potential of a full-time position upon completion of the Apprenticeship. Progression opportunities may be available for the right candidate.
Things to Know
- Please be aware you will be working in the company and attend our Training Academy.
- Apprentices are paid for their normal working hours and training that’s part of their apprenticeship.
- The Apprenticeship National Minimum Wage guide is updated every April (ANMW)
- Nat 5 Maths, English, Science.
- 4 Year Company Apprenticeship