Vacancy – Trainee Estimator (East Kilbride)
An exciting opportunity for a Trainee Estimator has arisen within our new Strubeam office based in East Kilbride. Strubeam is a Division of J&D Pierce (Contracts) Ltd, one of the country’s foremost structural steelwork contactors. We specialise in the design, manufacture and fabrication of plated structural products and bespoke steelwork for the UK structural market.
We offer formal SVQ qualifications, competitive starting salary, excellent prospects and a friendly, modern and supportive working environment.
- Work as part of the existing estimating and production team to support their daily activities.
- You will initially start estimating and material take off (MTO) within plated beam operation then progress to more complex structures.
- Read construction drawings and MTO.
- Contribute to procurement processes.
- Put together estimates for the materials, scope of work and tender details including any qualifications.
Who we are looking for:
- You should have a good eye for detail.
- Effective communicator written and verbally.
- Keen interest in technical subjects and a strong willingness to learn.
- Good with numbers.
- Experience of Microsoft packages, particularly Excel would be a distinct advantage.
- Would suit school or college leaver. No previous experience is necessary just a strong desire to learn, progress and build career
How to apply:
To apply for this position please send a copy of your CV along with covering letter to Careers@jdpierce.co.uk with the subject heading—Trainee Estimator or use the Apply Now button below. If you are a school or college leaver please include a copy of your SQA certification.